Thursday 9 June 2011

junk breakfast

Instant noodles + luncheon meat = not exactly the ideal breakfast for a mom-to-be...

But sometimes you do get strange cravings, well more precisely, unhealthy cravings.  In the past few months, I have a very strong cravings for spring rolls and pizza, and I'm suspecting that my little one is so much in love with deep fried junk food.  And here we have, instant noodles and luncheon meat to begin with on a cloudy Thursday.

First thing as soon as I was going through the fridge, I saw the remaining two pieces of luncheon meat and eggs... well eggs are good but with just eggs and luncheon meat is a bit too dry... so I then explored the kitchen cabinet on the left hand side and found, Japanese made Nissin instant noodles!!!

And of course, I did step back and thought, well egg is good but maybe the excessive sodium intake from luncheon meat and instant noodle isn't such a great idea when I'm trying to control swelling and leg cramps and unhealthy weight gain.... etc........... but well, I mean, once in a while is not so bad, I guess.

Wait a minute... when I took another look at my ingredients... and please do check out what's printed on the package!



Eggs are Omega-3 Canadian eggs, luncheon meat are high quality Canadian made can food and instant noodles are Japanese made (and expiry date is 2011 August, so I do assume that it was definitely made prior the quake!)

Ok, so we have nothing Mainland and Taiwanese made, I suppose that should make this a better junk breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment