Friday 17 June 2011

taiwanese delight for the night

Despite the DEHP issue thing that has been going on around the world, me, bubble tea lover, has already given up my favourite drink, let's keep our fingers crossed that the ingredients I have used for tonight's delight would be safe~

I and my man are in love with Taiwanese food, especially the spicy beef noodle, and it's been a pain to find one that's actually taste decent in Hong Kong.  We actually found one place here in Toronto that's ooooookay........ not exactly great but at least it's good to have it here!

So instead of dreaming about the spicy beef noodle that we had in Taipei at Yong Kang Street day and night, and drool all over my keyboard, I decided to give it a shot and try to make my own!

I browsed through a few recipes online, mostly similar, I then decided to combine all of them into one and see what I have.

I chose beef shank, or beef brisket will do too, and you need tomatoes, carrots, onions, green onions (yes... green onions again....... -_-!), garlic, ginger, chili.........

You do need a lot of veggies, but you can totally adjust it on your own.  I mean if you like to have the carrot kind of sweet in the soup, add more carrots; and if you like the garlic spice, then add more garlic, and if you like the soup to have a stronger tasty colour, add more tomatoes... it's all up to you!  Just boil it up and stew for at least a few hours, best if you have a pressure cooker or thermal magic cooker.

Some other important things you need for your soup is the chili bean sauce and satay sauce, and Taiwanese marinated pack, also you need beef broth instead of water!

Lastly,  you need a pack of shanghainese noodles or udon.  My advise is to pick some thick noodles, to get the soup soak into it!

Since this is a spicy delight, I also marinated a chilled dish to cool it down.  All you need is salt, white vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce and chili.


extra fresh cut green onions for my man!

No comments:

Post a Comment